We hosted a special livestream to celebrate World Kindness Day with world-renowned meditation teacher, Sharon Salzberg, SIYLI CEO Rich Fernandez and community organizer, Shelly Tygielski. During the webinar, Sharon guided a loving-kindness practiced, followed by a discussion with all three on the importance of kindness and mindful activism.
Watch the webinar recording below:
Learn about the power of Kindness
Kindness not only feels good to both the person on the receiving end, but also to the person offering it. Science has also provided evidence that kindness has many benefits and can help us thrive both personally and professionally. Below are a few resources to learn more about the benefits of practicing kindness.
- Science Says Kindness Can Make You a Better Leader
- Loving-Kindness Meditation May Protect Your Genes and Slow Aging
- 5 Beneficial Side Effects of Kindness
- 6 Science-Backed Ways Being Kind Is Good for Your Health
- What Type of Kindness Will Make You Happiest?
- Sharon Salzberg’s book: Real Change: Mindfulness to Heal Ourselves and the World
Download our 2020 Practice Kindness eBook with many more resources