SIYLI Program Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile Program Manager to join our small team and make a big impact! The ideal candidate is naturally organized, detailed oriented, conscientious, thrives in creating and improving systems, and is a self-starter who is excited about delivering supportive, connective, and excellent programs to those who have dedicated their lives to serving others. The Program Manager will be responsible for executing and managing the communications and operational components with our global network of client organizations and frontline workers.
Originally founded in 2012, Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) divided into two organizations in 2022, SIYLI (which continues as a non-profit) and SIY Global. SIYLI focuses on supporting those in public service, and we are building our team for this effort. We are looking for a new team member to help us increase our impact and bring to life our vision of a more peaceful world in which all people feel connected and act with compassion for self and others. In particular, SIYLI supports the thriving of human service providers (civil servants, nonprofits, educators, healthcare providers, etc.) through practical mindfulness and emotional intelligence tools.
With over 13 years of experience, a global network of over 600 certified teachers, and more than 200,000 participants in over 50 countries, our learning experiences teach tools to stay resilient and thrive in the face of day-to-day work and life challenges.
General Job Summary:
You’ll be part of a small team of professionals who pride themselves on working both collaboratively and independently. Each team member has the support and autonomy they need to be successful in their role. We value transparency, integrity, and flexibility and are committed to co-creating a psychologically safe environment where each member thrives. We also enjoy having fun together and invite our toddling and 4 legged friends joining in on team calls.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Program Manager to work closely with the team to deliver the highest quality service and attention-to-detail for our organizational and open-enrollment programs. This position is ideal for someone who is naturally well-organized, thinks and lives in systems, has a high level of attention-to-detail while also being able to handle multiple projects at once, and who is passionate about creating transformational experiences.
The Program Manager is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships; executing and managing the operational, logistical, and programmatic components of multiple in-organization and open-enrollment programs; setting up or optimizing program management systems for efficiency; and in some cases building or customizing curriculum. This role and the team member in it will also be an integral part of building the new SIYLI’s organizational culture. We seek a team member who will view all customers, partners, and participants with an emphasis on accessibility and inclusivity. We deeply value team members’ openness to doing work differently and seek someone who can actively share their voice and opinions about what could be improved so that our work can better serve more people in the public sector.
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Carry out skillful and engaged communication with prospects and existing client organizations
- Maintain strong relationships centered on meeting clients where they are, and where appropriate guiding clients toward deeper engagement with SIYLI
- Track and share client feedback and updates to help support product development and organizational strategy
- Conduct participant communications and answering questions
Program Operations: Manage Administration, Execution, and Implementation of Programs for Clients:
- Manage program logistics and co-create exceptional participant experiences for client programs and individual participants
- Create and customize curriculum elements based on the client/sector’s need
- Facilitate teacher matching and schedule coordination
- Manage participant registration pages and processes, including processing scholarships
- Manage participant data using CRM, LMS, database tools, and email marketing tools
- Respond to participant inquiries in a timely manner while embodying our organizational mission
- Track teacher feedback and use to give guidance to teachers
- Collect data and report on Program Evaluations
- Manage up to 30 client portfolios/month
Administration and Community Engagement:
- Draft general and program-specific email communications
- Draft occasional blog posts and compile information for case studies
- Answer questions and inquiries that come through participants and website requests
- Take initiative in identifying ways to improve existing systems and execute improvements while aligning with organizational and team needs
The Program Manager position will have a direct impact on the delivery of our programs for communities and organizations. The success of the programming is directly correlated to strong ongoing client organization and other partner relationships.
- Positive feedback from clients and participants about experience working with SIYLI
- Positive long-term results for participants and in their public service work
- Strong engagement with partners and successful sharing of the SIYLI story
- Excited to identify and implement new strategies and perspectives to improve the experience for clients and participants while maintaining professionalism and embodiment of our mission
- Develop high levels of competency with the business technology that is currently used by the team and interest and agility in integrating new technology into the work we do
- 5+ years of client and/or learner relationship management
- 5+ years of program management/operations experience
- 2+ years of curriculum design experience
- Comfortable with working across technology platforms including Google Apps, Salesforce, Asana, Trello, etc., and a willingness to quickly learn new technologies and tools. Experience in these specific tools is a plus; however, more important than the experience with them is the ability to learn new business technologies quickly and independently
- Managed multiple projects, programs, roles or events simultaneously
- Experience as a frontline worker or working with nonprofits, civil servants, educators or healthcare providers is a strong plus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong, clear, curious and empathetic communication style
- Detail-oriented and highly organized. Committed to excellent participant and teacher experiences
- Ability to identify new ways to streamline and improve processes
- Ability to manage a large number of programs and relationships simultaneously, performing end-to-end programs and customization management with thorough follow-through
- People-centered, with the ability to connect with a diverse range of people remotely (via email, phone, video calls) and provide excellent attention to customer relationship development
- Commitment to optimizing participant experience and expanding participant reach
- An excellent communicator, able to respond to dynamic stakeholders with competing interests
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to context-shift
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations
- Highly collaborative and adaptable working style
- Results-oriented and able to deliver projects on time and within an allocated budget
- Interest in mindfulness, emotional intelligence, leadership, and wellbeing of service providers
Uncertain if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that those who are systematically marginalized tend to apply only if they meet every requirement in a job description. If you believe that you could shine in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to this field, returning to work after a gap in employment, looking to transition, or take the next step in your career path, we’d love to have you apply!
- Job Classification: Exempt, full-time
- Anticipated start date: July 2023
- Location: At this time, we are seeking California-based candidates. Our organization is headquartered in San Francisco & San Diego, California; coming into the office is optional and we welcome remote employees. Employees are expected to work at least a 5-hour overlap with standard Pacific Time Zone business hours.
- Salary and benefits: SIYLI offers a competitive salary and benefits package (including: open vacation policy; 100% employer paid healthcare premiums; dental, vision, and life insurance). The starting annualized full-time salary for this role is: $80,000.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Thank you for your interest and we are very excited to get the opportunity to speak with you!
Ready to Apply? Add your information below!