Thank you for applying to the 2021 SIY Organizational Teacher Certification. This program supports organizations that want to develop mindfulness-based emotional intelligence skills for their leaders and employees, and certifies you to teach Search Inside Yourself only within your organization. We're quite excited to meet you (virtually) and get to know you!
When selecting candidates, we will consider your experience and skills as a facilitator, your depth of mindfulness practice, as well as your potential to champion SIY and drive change at scale within your organization (including approval and support from your manager and organization).
Please note that acceptance into the 2021 SIY Organizational Teacher Certification program does not guarantee that you will receive certification. In order to successfully complete the training and become a Certification SIY Organizational Teacher, trainees must:
We have a limited number of seats in our program and we anticipate a high volume of applications, so we suggest you submit your application early. Applications close end of April, 30 2021 (and January 31, 2021 for early bird).
Fully attend all 3 online sessions (2021: July 12-15; September 20-22; December 6-10)
Complete required assignments, practice teaching and participate in group meetings during interim fieldwork period
Demonstrate skillful facilitation, fluency in the SIY content, and embodiment as a teacher.
Your application will be reviewed by team members from SIYLI and SAP's Global Mindfulness Practice (but information will otherwise not be shared). We will get back to you with a decision within 4-6 weeks after submitting your application.
1. Complete all parts of the application in English.
2. Please provide thoughtful and succinct written responses, taking care to avoid writing single sentence answers or overly lengthy essays. Both are counter-productive to helping us develop a sense of who you are.
3. Prepare and record a 2 minute video. Once recorded, have the URL ready to insert in this form.
In the video, please tell us about a significant life experience that was an important 'aha' moment for you. How did it change you? What did you learn?
Take time to reflect on the prompt before recording your video, and please stick to the 2 minute time limit. (Note: the intention of this video is primarily for us to get a sense of who you are and how you show up).
4. You have the option to submit a letter of support from your organization. This is not required but, as mentioned above, our selection criteria is also based on your potential to champion SIY in your organization, of which organizational support is a key dimension.
5. You may begin your application, save it, and return later to complete it, by checking the box above (“Save my progress and resume later”). The system will save your partially complete application for up to 3 months, after which point in time it will be automatically deleted.
6. Once you submit your application you will not be able to return to make revisions.
You must meet the following requirements in order to for your application to be considered:
1. Be an employee of an organization, with the desire to teach and bring SIY to their organization.
2. Currently are, or aspire to be, a role-model and champion for SIY and related mindfulness and emotional intelligence initiatives within your organization. It’s also helpful to have experience driving organizational change or managing large-scale programs within an organization.
3. Have the support of your manager and/or organization to complete the full training and to teach SIY internally upon successfully becoming certified.
4. Have experience teaching or facilitating large groups of 30+ people.
5. Have attended (or plan to attend) a full SIY program (either online or in-person) prior to starting the training.
6. Have an established and consistent formal/seated meditation practice, and are committed to continuing and deepening this practice. It is also helpful (but not required) to have meditation retreat experience.
7. Demonstrate embodiment and integration of mindfulness and emotional intelligence in your daily life and way of being.
Are you employed by either Google, SAP, Allianz, or Procter & Gamble? If so, STOP, do not apply for this program. These organizations already run their own internal version of SIY Teacher Training. Please contact your internal SIY lead to find out when the next internal training will happen. If after contacting that person you still wish to apply to our SIY Internal Champion Teacher Training, then please proceed by completing this form.