Manager, Certified Teacher Community
We are seeking an enthusiastic manager to join our team and support the incredible SIY Certified Teacher community.
- Start Date: November 15, 2021
- Location: North America preferred – SIYLI is headquartered in San Francisco, CA; however, remote work is possible.
- Salary & Benefits: SIYLI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with an opportunity for equity in the new organization; starting full-time salary: $70,000 – $80,000 dependent on experience level.
Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) is a leading provider of mindfulness and emotional intelligence training for organizations, offering programs and working with SIY Certified Teachers in over 50 countries. SIYLI’s community brings this world-renowned programming to organizations and individuals across the world. They aim to help people develop the skills of mindfulness, empathy, compassion and overall emotional intelligence to create the conditions for individual and collective thriving. SIYLI has great ambition for what’s ahead, including the upcoming launch of a for-profit B-Corporation subsidiary, which will allow SIYLI to significantly invest in innovative solutions and new programming. SIYLI’s community of providers, the certified teachers, will be right at the heart of the ecosystem.
We strive towards and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
SIYLI is seeking a leader for supporting the Certified Teacher community who will manage support and community-building activities, as well as be adept at guiding the community as SIYLI launches the new for-profit B-Corporation, which will grow the current SIYLI activities dramatically. The role will report to the head of operations, and includes overseeing support for certified teachers’ day-to-day activities, planning and executing community events and teacher development opportunities, managing compliance with existing policies, liaising between teachers and product development teams, offering strategic insights for evolving the new company’s strategy and policies, and conducting regular, transparent and engaging communications between teachers and SIYLI. The intention is to manage a thriving, active, and engaged pool of teachers who are motivated and equipped for success as service providers and representatives of the SIY Brand.
Your role will include, but is not limited to:
- Leading ongoing conversations and communication with CT’s
- Creation of CT Newsletter, forums, webinars and other email and social announcements
- Actively conversing with teachers to understand their specific needs and integrate them into overall company strategy
- Recognizing and supporting teachers
- Responding attentively to questions, requests and communications from teachers
- Managing calendar of CT focused activities/offerings
- Creating, planning and executing gatherings and courses
- Policy and strategy
- Holding policy strategy and any updates for CT’s
- Administration of fee scheduling and program policies
- Managing budgets and liaising with Accounting Director
- Working collaboratively with heads of the product and operations teams to create systems for integrating teacher input and services as part of the new platform to be developed
Responsibilities may change as needed. Please note that the role may require occasional travel and may work slightly shifted hours to accommodate different time zones.
- Existing SIY Certified Teachers preferred though not required
- Strong preference for applicants in North America, west coast a plus, remote working is possible
- Experience in managing or engaging with a community of stakeholders and/or service providers (such as membership community, coaches, teachers, partners, etc.)
- Energy and excitement for supporting teachers’ success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to both understand the needs of individuals while also holding the high-level strategy and company goals
- Resilience in the face of diverging needs and perspectives
- Experience and creativity around event design and management
Additional skills we’re looking for include comfort working across technology platforms including Eventbrite, Salesforce, Zendesk, WordPress, and MailChimp. Basic html skills are a plus.
Sound like a fit? Submit your resume and cover letter here and we’ll be in-touch if you’re selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!